We’re Headin’ Home... Where are YOU headed?
Our #1 goal as a family is that the message of our music would direct people toward our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. There is no message more important than the good news of the gospel!
While there are so many important choices we face in life, there is one question that is far greater than any other we will ever ask ourselves. Have you ever asked yourself the question...
Are You Saved?
- The Bible says we are all sinners and have fallen short of God’s glory.
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
- None of us can ever be good enough to earn our own salvation, no matter how many good works we do or how religious we are. Only a pure, open relationship with our heavenly Father can get us to Heaven, and by our sin we have broken that relationship. God is perfect, holy, and just, and cannot excuse our sin without a sacrifice. That would not be justice.
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Isaiah 64:6
- The penalty for our sin and rebellion against God is death and eternal punishment in hell.
“For the wages of sin is death;” Romans 6:23
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
- God provided His Son Jesus to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins. By giving His life on the cross, Jesus Christ shed His blood in our place and took the punishment we deserved. Because of this sacrifice, God can look at our sins and legally dismiss our case because the fine we owe has been paid.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” John 3:16-17
“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:” 1 Peter 3:18
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:6-8
- After three days, Jesus Christ rose from the dead, defeating death. Then He ascended up to Heaven to reign until He comes again to receive us to live with Him eternally. All who come to Him in faith, believing His sacrifice, and casting themselves humbly on Him for repentance will receive complete forgiveness of sins.
“Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
- We will all stand before God one day to be judged by the way we lived our lives. Those who repented and believed on Jesus Christ will enter Heaven to live with God for eternity, while those who rejected Him will be cast into the Lake of Fire to suffer forever. There is no middle ground or purgatory; you are either saved or lost. Only those whose names are written in the Book of Life will be granted eternal life.
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” Hebrews 9:27-28
“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” John 5:28
- Now, while we are living, is the time for each of us to personally accept Christ’s love gift of salvation and surrender to Him as the new Ruler of our life. If you have never repented and believed on Him, or if you have claimed to know Him but have never had a true relationship with Him that transformed your life, today is the day to pray and find repentance!
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” Mark 1:15
“Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20
“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” Isaiah 1:18
- Once we are saved, God sees us as free from all sin in His sight! We are justified, forgiven, and have been adopted into the family of God. He promises His Holy Spirit to live in our hearts and show forth the fruits of salvation. He protects us, guides us, lives inside us, sends His angels to surround us, and is preparing a home in Heaven for us. He desires to commune with His children every day through His Word, the Bible. We can only grow as a Christian by spending time in His Word and prayer. Our greatest desire after we are redeemed is to live for the Lord, and we owe Him the rest of our days by living in a way that gives Him praise and glory!
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1-2
“And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” 1 Corinthians 6:11
- Our greatest commission is to go out and tell others about Jesus Christ!
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Matthew 28:19-20